Learn Chinese Forum

Learn Chinese Forum,中国語の勉強フォーラム,对外汉语论坛,Apprendre le chinois,Chinesisch Lernen,Aprender Chino,중국어도 배우고,Imparare Cinese,Aprenda Chinês  Learn Chinese学中...  Chinese Languag...  The Teaching Steps of Learning Chinese through Songs
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 02.03.2010 17:05
  ChineseTime
831 posts
1st

The Teaching Steps of Learning Chinese through Songs 

The Teaching Steps of Learning Chinese through Songs

(1) Before Teaching
First, I will select or adjust a Chinese song to suit the students and to serve and reinforce the learning materials; then I will make plans on when and how we can learn to sing the song and I will try to combine the song and the content in the textbooks logically and naturally because we learn Chinese THROUGH songs but not for the sake of singing.
(2)While Teaching
① listen, look and learn
First, I will play the flash of the song for the kids, so the kids would get a taste and feeling of the rhythm and melody of the song. By doing this, I try to activate the children’s multi-senses, so the students can listen and look and appreciate the song without too much English explanation from the teacher. Plus, the exciting and enjoyable songs can help to reduce the students’ stress and pressure and create kind of Chinese atmosphere. All these will definitely arouse the students’interest in learning Chinese.
② Practice and Breakthrough
Then I will highlight some words and expressions and hammer on them with different kinds of activities, such as pictures, games and TPR activities.
③ Learn to Sing
After that, we crack it down by singing line by line. While we are singing, we could use our body language or TPR to help kids understand and memorize the song and make a connection.
④ Sing along
Next, I will play the flash and let the kids sing along with the flash and do the TPR at the same time.
⑤ Show Time
Let the kids practice in pairs or in groups. When kids practice in pairs or groups, there would be peer teaching. And after that we will have a singing competition in class, among classes or in the whole school. And this is not the end, because we use songs as a tool to learn Chinese and we will keep using this tool.

Free Trail Chinese Lesson

Learn Chinese online 1-on-1 with native chinese teacher.
Learn Chinese Face-to-face in shanghai china.
Add Skype ID: chinesetimeschool
MSN: chinesetime@live.com
Email: service@chinesetimeschool.com

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Learn Chinese Forum,中国語の勉強フォーラム,对外汉语论坛,Apprendre le chinois,Chinesisch Lernen,Aprender Chino,중국어도 배우고,Imparare Cinese,Aprenda Chinês  Learn Chinese学中...  Chinese Languag...  The Teaching Steps of Learning Chinese through Songs
Scan now
Responsive image