Learn Chinese Forum

Learn Chinese Forum,中国語の勉強フォーラム,对外汉语论坛,Apprendre le chinois,Chinesisch Lernen,Aprender Chino,중국어도 배우고,Imparare Cinese,Aprenda Chinês  Learn Chinese学中...  Chinese Languag...  Gone hopeless in Chinese traditional toilet—activechinese
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 26.12.2006 23:44
  lucky0130
3 posts
10th Level Poster

Gone hopeless in Chinese traditional toilet—activechinese 

Gone hopeless in Chinese traditional toilet—activechinese

I went to Suzhou for a trip two days ago. The scenery was fantastic, especially those gardens, absolutely unique Chinese style. It was all good until I found myself hopeless in the toilet of one of the gardens, I was running out of paper and this is a traditional Chinese toilet, you know, little holes…anyway, I had to call the lady next to my hole and borrow her paper, with my awkward Chinese!

China is rapidly modernizing in every possible way.  Luckily for westerners, in big cities like Shanghai and Beijing, you will rarely if ever see an old eastern style toilet.  If you venture away from the modern areas, however, be aware that you may have to use an eastern toilet.  The trains still only have eastern style toilets as well.  Even some McDonald’s in smaller cities still use eastern toilets.  It is also a good idea to always carry paper with you and a nose plug.

Some more comments on eastern style toilets found from www.activechinese.com Learn Chinese and culture.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Learn Chinese Forum,中国語の勉強フォーラム,对外汉语论坛,Apprendre le chinois,Chinesisch Lernen,Aprender Chino,중국어도 배우고,Imparare Cinese,Aprenda Chinês  Learn Chinese学中...  Chinese Languag...  Gone hopeless in Chinese traditional toilet—activechinese
Scan now
Responsive image