Learn Chinese Forum

Learn Chinese Forum,中国語の勉強フォーラム,对外汉语论坛,Apprendre le chinois,Chinesisch Lernen,Aprender Chino,중국어도 배우고,Imparare Cinese,Aprenda Chinês  Learn Chinese学中...  Chinese Languag...  Your mandarin accent tells the turth :)
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 26.01.2007 10:52
  ChiBin
70 posts
1st

Your mandarin accent tells the turth :) 
I don't know how many kinds of accent you can recongnise. Normally, I can easily tell 东北 accent, but I don't tell the spefific province.

北京 accent is also easy, because there are a lot of movie shot in beijing and I went there a few times. Their speaking always ends up with a funny "er".

福建 accent, as far as I know, confuses H and F. They say "wo shi hujian(fujian) de".

湖南 has an oppsite way. they say "wo shi funan de"

I live in shanghai, so I know 上海 accent very well. People likely add "ya" or "de ya" at the end of a sentence, like "wo ming tian qu de ya".

广东 accent is typical too, they have a "la" instead. "wo bu zhi dao la".

Taiwan 台湾 has its very different accent, a little bit uncomfortable for me.

I think I can recognise 四川, 江苏(because I am from here),山东 and a number of other places. What the other dialects or accents that you can tell? How do you recognise them?

中国爷们

New Post 26.01.2007 17:00
  Toss
22 posts
6th Level Poster

Re: Your mandarin accent tells the turth :) 
hum...interesting.
I can barely realise the difference, but don't know exactly how.

I am a not Maoist.

New Post 27.01.2007 23:55
  TCer
24 posts
6th Level Poster

Just add some information, not sure if I am right.

Guangzhou Cantonese and HK Cantonese are a little bit different. Some of the difference are the words. For example, I hear Guangzhou people like to use 上班 (go to work) more, in HK, people seldom use it. They use 返工。Also, no one say 警察局 (police station) in HK, they say 差館。

New Post 28.01.2007 00:22
  teaisgood
28 posts
5th

very very good summary, I cannot agree any more.

Thanks for sharing.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Learn Chinese Forum,中国語の勉強フォーラム,对外汉语论坛,Apprendre le chinois,Chinesisch Lernen,Aprender Chino,중국어도 배우고,Imparare Cinese,Aprenda Chinês  Learn Chinese学中...  Chinese Languag...  Your mandarin accent tells the turth :)
Scan now
Responsive image